Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not So (Monday) Mumbles

I apologize to my handful of readers that I didn’t have a Monday Mumbles or Top 5 Tuesday this week. It’s been hectic with the holiday and then busy at work the past 2 days. I covered state girls golf the last 2 days and I’m finally in the office today.
Here are  my mumbles for the week.

1. This day is taking FOREVER!!

2. Feels like I haven’t been at work in almost a week. I was in the office for about 30 minutes Tuesday before going to state golf. Then I was here for a couple hours in the morning yesterday, then off to golf. Feels weird to be in the office for a long time today.

3. My gf and I went out to the  local lake on Memorial Day for a little bit. We put our feet in the water, but mostly went to check it out and get out of the house. It’s a nice lil lake with a beach/playground area and plenty of fishing spots.

4. My dad and 2 younger sisters visited Friday night thru Sunday morning. On Saturday, we drove an hour to Iowa City - spent about an hour there. Then drove 1.5 hours to Dyersville to see the “Field of Dreams” movie site. We played catch, played an inning of a softball game and then took pictures. Then drove 2 hours back home. Long day but fun times :)

5. My older sister and her 2 sons might come up this weekend. I hope they do. I miss seeing my nephews - crazy but fun lil guys!

6. Saw the movie “Battleship” last week. It’s awesome! They incorporate old WWII sailors and the famous USS Missouri into the movie. I advise any old or current Navy guys to check it out or anyone who loves action movies.

7. We now have Wifi and cable at the house. Looooooove it!! Since I don’t get great AT&T reception at my house, my iPhone was soooo slow or didn’t work at times. Not anymore - works soooooo fast!!!

8. The local girls golf team finished fourth out of 8 teams at state. They were 1 shot from 3rd. Two of the girls placed 4th and 5th individually so very cool to cover a good golf team. Only problem, they lose 5 seniors of the 7 girls on the team. However, the 4th place girl is a sophomore.

9. Congrats to the Baldwin High track teams. Both both & girls finished 2nd at state. Awesome job Bulldogs! They won 5 events combined.

10. I really missed being at the state meet in Wichita. It was tough not to go down and watch but too long of a drive and family was coming to visit. I still root for the Bulldogs - they are my alma mater and I covered them for 7 years after college. I’m here in Iowa but my heart will remain in Baldwin.

1 comment:

jmt said...

Aaahhh, heart in Baldwin. :)