Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Mumbles

My weekly afternoon mumbles. Here ya go.

1. It’s been a busy day already. Got to work at 8 and worked hard to finish the paper, which we did around 12:45. I worked till about 2 last night, so I’m tired, but I have a baseball game to cover tonight.

2. My nickname should be the Energizer Bunny, b/c I keep going and going and going. I don't often get wiped out, despite a few hours of sleep and busy day after busy day. I did that that Thursday-Saturday and I will most of this week.

3. We normally paginate on Mondays and Wednesdays. Next Monday is Memorial Day (yay! for paid vacation), but that pushes our deadline to Friday at noon, yikes! So we are putting together 3 papers this week and 1 of them won’t come out till next Wednesday. Makes no sense but it’s what we have to do.

4. My gf and I went cosmic bowling on Saturday night. It’s $10 for shoes and all you can bowl from 9:30 pm till 12:30 am at the local bowling alley. I bowled about 4-5 games, she bowled lil over 2 b/c it hurts her wrist, which she broke years ago.

5. We decided it would be fun to make that a weekly or more likely every-other-week tradition. It’s fairly cheap and fun.

6. I spent much of Saturday in Des Moines at the state track meet. I was also there Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 3-4 pm each day. I love track and it’s fun watching kids in a new state. Always impressive what some of the high school kids can do.

7. We made brownies last night....mmmmmmmm :)

8. My gf found out she is working both days this weekend :(  but the store is just opening, so she has no choice.

9. It’s really no good b/c we are having visitors this weekend. My dad and two younger sisters are coming up for about 2 days. It should be fun, but not sure what we are going to do.

10. Did I mention, the first visitors are coming? woot!!!!!!  Also a good friend might be coming here Wednesday to visit and another 1 or 2 in a few weeks.

Have a good week and check back tomorrow for the Top 5 Holidays.

1 comment:

jmt said...

I was hoping to try and plan to come up that first weekend in June, but with mom's potential moving schedule up in the air, it's iffy. And FYI, I don' want to haul the kids up there and then find out you have a friend staying the night too. So keep me informed. :)

The g/f can enjoy the family company when she gets off work....and you can enjoy them while she's gone. I'm sure they won't have trouble keeping themselves entertained either, if you have cable. And food!