Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wacky Weather Wednesday

A few hours after my girlfriend's college graduation last Friday, 
I returned to my mom's hotel with her and my aunt. 
We finished our lunch and returned to the hotel. 
It was beginning to get partly cloudy, but 20 minutes later I go outside 
as we are about to leave for the graduation party 
and this is what I see:


I'm guessing 40-50 mph winds that about knocked me over! 

Nasty looking clouds blew in quick!! 

Not to mention, the dust storm blowing across the highway about 1/4 of a mile south of us. Craziness! 

Needless to say, I went inside and people well yelling "Tornado Warning. There's a tornado a mile west of here." People were starting to panic. I calmly went upstairs, told my mom and aunt, we came downstairs and watched the weather on the TV. We were briefly in a tornado warning, then severe thunderstorm warning for 20 minutes. Then nothing. Blue skies :) about 40 minutes later.

Just another day of wacky weather in the midwest!!!

1 comment:

kansasgirl said...

Nice pictures,and yes wacky weather again.