Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Mumbles

I’ve neglected my blog for almost a week (I have a good reason) and now my Mumbles are quite late. For all 3-5 people that read this, here are my thoughts today:

1. I just got back from covering girls golf for almost 3 hours. It was the league meet and the South Tama High team won the team title, while a pair of sisters took 1st and 2nd - they’re from South Tama. It’s been a fun team to cover (always helps when you win!).

2. I left Thursday afternoon for NW Iowa. My girlfriend graduated from college on Friday morning. It was a 4.5 hour drive from here.

3. I saw her family, plus my mom and aunt came up for the ceremony. It was fun to see her family and hang out with them again. The last time was Thanksgiving.

4. On Thursday night, I went with my gf and 2 of her sisters to see the Avengers at midnight (technically the beginning of Friday). It was AWESOME!!!!  Possibly the best Superhero movie I’ve ever seen. Loved the action with the humor and plot - sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet movie :)

5. I might go see it again, hehe!

6. I didn’t return home until last night. Short on sleep and after a long drive, I was pooped out. I sat on my couch and almost fell asleep at 8:30.

7. However, I drank a Dr. Pepper and got my 2nd wind. It’s a blessing and a curse - my ability to be tired, but not wipe out, just get my 2nd or 3rd wind and be awake for several more hours.

8. I should be pretty busy Thursday through Saturday with work. It’s a busy time of the year for sports, woot! I will be covering track, soccer, tennis and golf - boys and girls of a couple of those.

9. I might have my 1st visitor soon. My dad wants to come up - maybe this weekend or in the near future. My mom also wants to visit - maybe in a couple weeks. We’ll see who’s the first weekend visitor.

10. Not sure what my Top 5 Tuesday will be yet. Any ideas?

1 comment:

jmt said...

Dad might come up this next weekend? Cool! We wrap up all sports this weekend, school a week and a half after that. Then, we'll make plans to see you.

I can't wait to see Rachel in person and congratulate her. I know she's been done, but there's something about the ceremony that really makes it feel official.

STOP staying awake so late!