Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Mumbles

I might actually be mumbling this afternoon - I’m tired but I think it’s because of my inactivity over the weekend.

1. LAZY!!!

2. Yes, I was very lazy this weekend. Too lazy!

3. I left the house on 2 occasions on Saturday - each for about an hour for work. Then on Sunday evening for work.

4. I don’t recall leaving the house at any other time during the weekend.

5. I laid and sat around playing some video games and watching movies.

6. I decided to take an adventure to Middle Earth and watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I own the extended versions of the final 2 movies, which are between 3-4 hours each - broken into 2 DVDs.

7. I love the feel good story behind the LOTR, despite all of the evil that happens - and there is a lot of that in the epic journey.
“What are we holding onto Sam?” Frodo asked.
“That there’s some good in this world and it’s worth fighting for.” Samwise replied.

8. Sadly, I have a really good friend who can’t make it past the first 30 minutes of the first one. Of course, that just lays out the past and doesn’t get out of the Shire. If she would just make it halfway through the movie, she’d begin to like it and watch them all. There’s great story lines that all twist together and some epic battle scenes. Might be time to tie her to a chair and force her to watch the movies. It’s like saying you haven’t seen Star Wars!!!

9. I’m waiting for the weather to warm up today - upper 60s my "#?@!" stupid weather people. It’s 50 and cloudy. I have a track meet to go to for work later and I want some sun!

10. My wonderful, sweet, beautiful, awesome, ornery (ok maybe sucking up, but all true) girlfriend graduates college in 4 days! She’s been done for months, but her ceremony is Friday. I can’t believe it’s already here!! I’m making the 4.5 hour drive up to see her, her family and some of my family. Should be a great weekend.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww... You are sweet! Though I have to agree that you may have been laying it on a bit thick there.

jmt said...

You are such a suck up. I like the mumbles! Please don't tie your friend to a chair and subject her to the sci-fi. Ick.