Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday: Beatlemania

Here’s the start to another new segment on my blog. I will choose a topic (most likely movies, music or sports - 3 popular topics) and write a top 5 list from that certain topic.

This is entirely my opinion. I know others will disagree, so please feel free to comment or disagree, but you should also say what your top 5 might be for that topic. I like feedback and hearing other people's opinions, so let me hear it folks. I can take criticism :)

I’m going to jump right into the fire and take heat (no pun intended) for this first topic. My Top Five Beatles songs:

Honorable mention - “I want to hold your hand”, “A day in the life”, “While my guitar gently weeps”, “Get back” and "I am the walrus”.

5. “Yellow Submarine” - Although it’s not one of the most popular or even greatest songs, it’s still a fun one. Everybody can sing along too! It was hard to choose my #5 and this is one I can listen to and have fun.

4. “Yesterday” - It’s the most covered song in history and it’s a pretty song. It’s simple but great. I mean, who doesn’t love this song?

3. “Come Together” - Despite having no idea of the actual lyrics (I think I know quite a few) or what they are singing about, I love this song. It’s the rhythm of the song and the rock aspect of it that appeals to me. Plus 1 and 1 and 1 make 3 - they teach you math!

2. “Hey Jude” - Is there anything bettah, bettah, bettah than singing "na na na na na na na na na na na" for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes? You can belt it out alone or with friends! I mean it’s a classic song and the first half of the song is great too.

1. “Let it Be” - I read a few online lists and this song didn’t crack the top 5 of those. Are you kidding me? This is one of the greatest songs ever! It’s beautiful and it was practically their last big hit together. I always crank this one up and sing loud. How can anyone not love this song?

Well, that’s my list. It was tough to choose just 5 but I did it. What’s your top Beatles song? Top 5? Share your thoughts.

1 comment:

Kbbraud said...

I said it earlier to you, I completely agree. The top 3 are just plain awesome songs. The other 2, while not my favorites, are some of the Beatles best songs. I can only take so much "Yellow Submarine" though. It gets stuck in my head and makes me want to ram my head into a wall ha ha.
Kelly