Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm baaaack....with changes to my life

Welcome back to my blog everyone! *yay! hoozah! woooot!* I can hear the cheers now or maybe that’s the looming sound of silence (love that song). Whether anyone reads this or not, I’m back and I’m sure I’ll have a few followers.

I started this blog 2 or 3 years ago and updated it once in a while with random stuff. I’m on facebook and twitter and have a couple email accounts so I stay in touch with people pretty well. However, some big life changes have happened since the start of the new year and I thought I would bring this back as another way to keep in touch with my life and what’s happening around me.

As many of you know I was laid off in January b/c of some stupid budget cuts in the company. I won’t get too much into that b/c they got rid of me and kept a moron guy who has butchered the paper I previously worked for. Yep, I’m a journalist (if you couldn’t figure that out from the name of the blog).

Despite the setback, I stayed fairly positive and after 2 months, I landed a sports editor position at another paper. Just one big thing - it’s in Iowa.

Yep, I’m living in Iowa now. It’s a town called Tama. It’s twin city is Toledo and I work for both papers - same office and staff. I am an hour from Des Moines and about 50-60 minutes from Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. So not a bad location for a small town. It’s even smaller than Baldwin but Marshalltown is 20 minutes away and it has the essentials for a slightly larger city - Applebees, movie theater, other restaurant chains and yes of course Wal-Mart - my FAVORITE PLACE EVER!!!! (no sarcasm, ok well maybe a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit).

I’ve been up there 2 full weeks now and life is good. It’s kind of nice to be out on my own and finally being responsible for pretty much everything. It’s a lil scary too but I’m doing fine. I go to work everyday, then come home, play xbox 360, watch tv episodes or a movie and eat dinner. I don’t have cable yet or internet, so my life is boring but good.

I am going to try and go through photos I’ve taken and decide which to print to have hard copies. I need something to keep myself from being too bored and this will be a good productive way.

I’ll take suggestions for ways to be productive or do something. Somebody will suggest read a book so stop right there! Maybe one day I will but highly unlikely. I might start running and getting in shape again, maybe.

Well that’s about it right now. I’m trying to think of creative topics or blogs to have each week. Like repeat blogs, such as Wacky Wednesdays might be silly pictures of me and/or family or girlfriend. My loving gf is one thing that hasn’t changed :) Maybe a Mindless Monday top 10 list of thoughts on my mind (thanks my sister’s blog of Monday Mumbles).

Anyway, peace out and check back to see what’s here. I’m going to go play in the corn haha :)

1 comment:

jmt said...

Why don't you just do Monday Mumbles? It's a meme you can copy, others do. I for sure want to see photos of what you're up to. Become a photographer of your daily life and share!