Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Mumbles (borrowed name)

I know it’s late, but here is my first Monday Mumbles post. I “borrowed” this idea from my sister’s blog. Since I’m late today, I’ll just do 5 things on my mind this Monday afternoon.

1.  I had a great trip back home this weekend. I hung out with my 2 nephews and 1 niece a lot on Saturday. I took some cool pics of them on their trampoline (those  might make the blog later this week). I helped 1 nephew celebrate his 4th birthday by buying him an Angry Birds pillow. His response when opening it, “This is what I’m talking about.”

2. On Saturday night, while storms were sort of coming, sort of not doing anything in Lawrence, I went to a bar for karaoke with 2 friends. I sang “Human” by The Killers. Then I rocked out “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson. My sister would have been proud. The crowd was clapping and singing - just getting into it. I got a lil standing “O” from about 10 people after it was over. VERY COOL :)

3. On Sunday night, I met up with 4 friends for our Kansas trivia finals. We played together (well 3-4 of us) for 3 months before I moved away. I was able to come back and play the finals. We didn’t finish high b/c of the last question (where we wagered big, but lost). Before the last question, we were tied for 3rd out of about 40 teams. We only missed 2 of 30 regular questions so I’d say we did well. I’ll miss trivia every Wednesday :(

4. I just made my first official post to our newspaper’s Facebook page. I have been trying to get the email and password for about a week. I got it an hour ago and posted a link to a story. So go “like” the Tama/Toledo News FB page!

5. Got my first paycheck on Friday. Woot! I will still be conservative in spending, but I will be having internet installed this week or next. It will be nice at home :)

Take care and have a great rest of the week! Don’t forget to check back here as the week goes on. Tomorrow will be the debut of “Top 5 Tuesdays” where I post my Top 5 of something. Tomorrow might be Top 5 Beatles songs? Better check back and see tomorrow!

No comments: