Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Mumbles

It’s not morning mumbles, but I prefer to mumble in the afternoon, or at least I work more in the afternoon.

1. One of our papers is done, so I have time to do this. We finish the paper at or around noon, so it’s hard to do this on Monday mornings. Hence, I’m an afternoon or evening blogger.

2. The sun is shining :) I wasn’t sure Iowa had sunshine for the first few weeks. Now it needs to get temps into the 70s, please!!!!

3. I haven’t had cable for a month now.

4. It’s been kind of nice to watch less TV, but I miss it at night. It’s easier to flip thru the channels than put in South Park dvd.

5. My solution: have internet installed in the apartment and use netflix thru the xbox 360. Then I can at least choose shows to watch. But I may need cable again sometime soon. First I need internet.

6. My 7 year old nephew called me yesterday asking how to start the game of Risk. That’s complicated to explain over the phone. ESPECIALLY to a 7 year old. Now he is very smart and I think he understood but still very hard to grasp. I’ll teach him in person next time I see him. Gotta love a kid who loves sports, video games and Risk like he does!!!

7. Still awaiting a visitor or visitors. Friends or family in Kansas - its a short drive up I-35 and there are things to do.

8. There’s a nice big park for throwing a frisbee/football or playing on the playground or playing the frisbee golf course.

9. My girlfriend Rachel graduates college in 11 days :) She has been finished since December, but no winter graduation at her school. She’s been working 1 and sometimes 2 jobs since then. I’m soooooo proud of her. She’ll be the first in her family (maybe extended family too) to graduate college. It should be a fun weekend with her family and some of mine.

10. I have an itch to play golf or tennis. Anyone want to join?

1 comment:

jmt said...

I'll make a trip up but it'll have to be after kid sports. You know that. :) May 12 rounds out football and soccer. You could always prepare your Mumbles Sunday night? I do sometimes.